This week I decided to take a few things I had in my cabinet and create my own version of taco soup. It really was on a wing and a prayer but the final result is AMAZING.
What you need:
- 2 Chicken breasts cooked, seasoned how you like. Shred as much as you like.
- 2 cups of dry black beans (quick or long soak). Note: 2 dry cups of beans=5 cups cooked, give or take.
- 1.5 cup of frozen corn. Add more or less to your liking.
- 1 can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 can of Rotel lime and cilantro.
- Diced onion
- McCormick’s low sodium taco seasoning
Cook black beans in 3 cups of water for an hour on medium-low. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of seasoning in the water. Add diced tomatoes, Rotel and chicken. Add 2 more tablespoons of taco seasoning if desired. Stir and cook for another 30 minutes on low. Add any toppings you’d like (chips, cheese, sour cream, salsa) and enjoy.